Spousal support (alimony) is based on established financial need of one party and the ability to provide support on the other. The purpose of spousal support is to help people become self-sufficient and capable of maintaining their own household for themselves and their children.
While California support laws provide specific guidelines, comprehensive analysis is necessary to ensure fair orders. Without an experienced CA family law specialist representing your interests, you may end up receiving less or paying more than is fair.
Spousal Support is based upon many different variables such as:
- The receiving spouse’s education, health, work history, and earning potential
- The length of the marriage
- The paying spouse’s income, earning potential, and health
- The existence and enforceability of a prenuptial agreement
- The marital standard of living
Having an experienced Los Angeles Divorce Attorney with proficient knowledge of the new California Family Law Statutes is now even more crucial for achieving the correct outcome in your case. When you retain Fernandez & Karney, you have a team of experienced L.A. spousal support attorneys, forensic accountants, investigators, and highly skilled support staff resolving your case.