Helene Nordon, Esq., is an Associate Attorney at Fernandez & Karney, APLC. Prior to joining our team, Helene clerked for Lewis & Associates family law practice in West Hollywood and volunteered at Neighborhood Legal Services in Van Nuys, where she assisted unrepresented self-help clinic clients with their family law matters.
Ms. Nordon graduated from Southwestern Law School, receiving a Juris Doctorate in May 2015. At Southwestern, Helene was the recipient of the Max A. Goodman Scholarship, reserved for students who excel in family law or community property. She was a member of the International Law Society and the Managing Editor for the Southwestern Journal of International Law. Ms. Nordon was admitted to the California State Bar in December 2015.
Ms. Nordon completed her BA in International Studies at UC San Diego in 2011. While focused on history and economics, she also minored in Spanish literature. Her academic performance yielded Provost Honors, and a membership in the National Society of Collegiate Scholars. Following her graduation from UC San Diego, Helene spent a year in Granada, Spain, earning a teaching certification. Helene has a record of community service and volunteerism. She donated her services to the Boys and Girls Club of San Diego, United in Harmony, and to the American Cancer Society.
- Associate Attorney; Fernandez & Karney, APLC, Los Angeles, CA (December 2015 – present)
- Law Clerk; Lewis & Associates, West Hollywood, CA (May 2014 – April 2015)
- Volunteer; Van Nuys Self-Help Center, Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County, Van Nuys, CA (July – August 2013)
Licenses and Certifications
- State Bar of California, December 1, 2015
- Juris Doctor; Southwestern Law School, Los Angeles, CA (May 2015)
- Bachelor of Arts, International Studies; University of California, San Diego (June 2011)
- Calabasas High School; Los Angeles, CA (June 2007)