Los Angeles Family Law Specialists
Steve Fernandez and Mark Karney are Certified Family Law Specialists* with over 50 years of combined experience.
Stephen H. McCall
Stephen H. McCall is an Associate Attorney at Fernandez & Karney, APLC. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. McCall worked in the field of higher education at the University of Southern California.
Mr. McCall graduated from Loyola Law School in May 2015 where he focused on marital property, trial skills, and dispute resolution. He interned at The Center For Conflict Resolution where he received mediation and conciliation training to assist parties in resolving disputes without the necessity of formal judicial proceedings.
Mr. McCall was a clinical extern at Loyola Law School’s Collaborative Family Law Clinic where he assisted parties divorcing via the collaborative process. He also assisted in preparing judgments for divorcing parties as a member of Loyola Law School’s Family Law Judgment Clinic.
Mr. McCall graduate magna cum laude from the University of Southern California with a dual BA in psychology and East Asian languages and cultures with an emphasis in Japanese as well as a minor in psychology and law. He is also a graduate of the One-Year Study Abroad Program at Waseda University’s School of International Liberal Studies in Tokyo where he received a Commendation for Excellent Performance (Dean’s List).
- Associate Attorney, Fernandez & Karney, APLC, Los Angeles, CA (March 2017 – Present)
Licenses and Certifications
- State Bar of California, December 2015
- Trained as a Neutral Person under the California Dispute Resolutions Programs Act
Awards and Distinctions
- Psi Chi National Honor Society in Psychology
- Wendy R. Landes Recognition Award for Excellence in Consensual Dispute Resolution (CDR) Studies
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association
- Juris Doctor; Loyola Law School (May 2015)
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology; Bachelor of Arts, East Asian Languages and Cultures – Japanese; Minor, Psychology and Law; University of Southern California (May 2008)
- One-Year Study Abroad Program, School of International Liberal Studies; Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan (July 2007)