Calabasas Divorce Lawyerget your free case evaluation
No one walks down the aisle anticipating their wedding march to end in divorce court, but divorce is a significant part of family life in California for many families. Families and relationships grow and change, and sometimes life gets in the way of the happily-ever-afters we’ve planned. At the Calabasas family law firm of Fernandez & Karney, we have a firm commitment to helping our clients achieve the best possible outcome in all divorce situations. We’ll work toward your goals for moving forward for the division of marital assets, child custody, and child and spousal support.
If you’re ready to file a divorce petition in Calabasas or you’ve been served with divorce papers, the Calabasas divorce attorneys at Fernandez & Karney are ready to hear about your unique situation and your desired outcomes for your divorce case.
California has complex divorce laws. Call our Calabasas law office today so we can begin a strategy to protect your rights and best interests throughout the process.
Why Choose Fernandez & Karney for Your Calabasas Divorce Lawyers?
Our California family law firm was founded by attorneys Steven Fernandez and Mark Karney, a pair of certified family law specialists with a combined five decades of experience in all aspects of California divorce. Our team of experienced associate lawyers, paralegals, and administrative staff members are ready to lend your divorce case the following advantages:
- A free confidential consultation about your case
- Professionalism and integrity as we deftly navigate the system to protect your rights and best interests
- A resolution-based approach offering every opportunity for mediation and negotiation to minimize contention during the divorce process
- Skilled, experienced litigators who are more than ready to argue for your desired goals and outcomes in court—clients describe Mark Karney as “a rock” in court and a “tactical interrogator.”
- An in-depth knowledge of California’s laws for the division and distribution of marital assets
- Cutting-edge technology in our firm’s data management department combined with classic client advocacy methods to achieve the best possible outcome for every aspect of divorce in California
At Fernandez & Karney Family Law Attorneys in Calabasas, we treat each client with the dignity and respect we’d give our own family in the midst of a family law crisis.
How Can a Calabasas Divorce Lawyer Help?
Are you ready to file a divorce petition, or have been recently served with a spouse’s petition for divorce? If so, it’s imperative to obtain skilled, experienced legal counsel to protect your rights, navigate the state’s complex divorce laws, and represent your interests in all proceedings related to your case. Your experienced attorney from Fernandez & Karney will keep open and honest communication throughout the following aspects of California divorce:
- Protecting your separate assets and your share of the marital assets according to California’s 50/50 community property divorce law
- Representing your interests and preferred outcomes in child custody and parenting time disputes
- Seeking a fair resolution on all areas of contention with mediation and negotiations to minimize acrimony in the divorce process whenever possible
- Fairly applying the state’s child support and spousal support rights and obligations in your settlement agreement or court order
- Deftly handling all types of California divorces including collaborative, contested, uncontested, and LGBTQ+ divorces
At Fernandez & Karney, we bring a compassionate approach to divorce law along with decades of experience, resources, and legal skills. We work closely with each client for an individualized strategy tailored to each unique client’s case.
When Should I Contact a Divorce Lawyer in Calabasas?
California requires a six-month waiting period between filing the divorce and finalizing it in court. During that time it’s essential to prepare for the division of your marital assets, the creation of a child custody/parenting time agreement, and the determination of child support and spousal support obligations and rights. Contact the Calabasas divorce attorneys at Fernandez & Karney under any of the following circumstances:
- You’ve decided divorce is inevitable and you’re ready to file a petition for a California divorce
- You’ve been served with divorce papers by your spouse
- You’ve received a settlement agreement from your spouse and have questions about your rights and options
- You have children and face a custody dispute
- You’re seeking mediation and negotiations with your spouse to settle your case out of court
- Your spouse is preventing you from seeing your children during your separation
- You’re facing financial hardship from the separation and need temporary spousal support
- Your divorce has stalled in the mediation process
- You need an attorney to examine your papers because the court rejected your settlement agreement
- You are seeking a divorce in a domestic violence situation
The Calabasas family lawyers are ready to navigate the California divorce process with the primary purpose of achieving your goals with the minimum of contention. No one should face a divorce without knowledgeable legal counsel in their corner.
How Much Does a Divorce Lawyer Charge?
Divorce attorney fees in California range from $200 to $900 per hour. The individual cost of your attorney’s fees depends on what your divorce entails. Reaching a divorce agreement out of court through mediation costs far less than a divorce requiring lengthy negotiation attempts and contentious litigation in divorce court. During your initial case consultation, speak to your California divorce lawyer about their fees and the anticipated costs of your unique case.
Contact a Calabasas Divorce Lawyer Today
Reach out to the divorce lawyers in Calabasas today. The skilled attorneys at Fernandez & Karney are ready to handle all aspects of divorce cases in California including:
- High-asset divorces
- Divorce with child custody disputes
- Same-sex divorces
- Collaborative divorce
- Uncontested divorce
- Military divorce
- Complex property division cases
- Celebrity divorces
- Modification of existing orders
- Enforcement of child custody and support orders
A divorce has a profound impact on your family and the rest of your life. It’s essential to navigate the process with skilled legal counsel. The certified family law specialists at the Calabasas family law firm of Fernandez & Karney are ready to hear about your unique situation in a free consultation on your case today. Call our Calabasas office today at (310) 622-9434 or contact us online so we can begin strategizing the best way forward toward your goals for your family.