Pacific Palisades Family Law Attorneyget your free case evaluation
If you’re facing a family law matter, whether it’s a distressing divorce or a joyful adoption, the Pacific Palisades family lawyers at Fernandez & Karney are ready to stand by your side and put our strong local reputation and resources behind you through every step of the process.
All legal cases are challenging, but when facing a family law problem, emotions can become heated and objectivity goes out the window. After all, the most important things in your life are at stake. If you need a family lawyer in Pacific Palisades, the attorneys at Fernandez & Karney are ready to put our 100 years of combined experience behind representing your interests. We’ll develop a formidable legal strategy to maximize the chances of achieving your desired outcome, while also striving to minimize contention.
How Can a Pacific Palisades Family Law Attorney Help My Case?
If you’re facing a legal process, the team of family law attorneys in Pacific Palisades will vigorously represent your interests with our comprehensive understanding of family law in California to support you in the decision-making process throughout your case. Whether you need a Pacific Palisades divorce lawyer or have another pending legal matter in family court, your Pacific Palisades family law attorney from Fernandez & Karney will do the following:
- Work with you to develop the best strategy to achieve your goals
- Promptly and diligently file all necessary legal paperwork and petitions in the correct jurisdiction
- Represent your goals and best interests through negotiations
- Argue aggressively at your side through all legal proceedings
- Address your concerns and questions through open communication and availability
- Keep you informed and ask for your input through every step of your legal process
No one should go it alone when it comes to matters of family law when a judge’s impartial decisions greatly impact your life, your home and your family.
What Types of Family Law Cases Do We Handle?
We’ll put our compassionate approach and resolution-based strategies to work for the following family law cases:
- High-asset divorce
- Negotiating divorce agreements
- Child custody
- Child support
- Spousal maintenance (alimony)
- Prenuptial agreements
- Legal separation
- Modification of existing orders for custody, child support, or spousal support
- Domestic violence situations
At Fernandez & Karney, we put our knowledge and experience behind each and every client with resolution-based legal strategies even for the most complex family law matters.
How Much Does a Pacific Palisades Family Law Attorney Charge?
The total cost of your family law case depends on the case’s complexity, degree of contention, and whether or not it’s resolvable with mediation and negotiation or requires litigation in court. Coming to mutually agreeable resolutions outside of court can greatly decrease total legal costs while arguing matters in court can become more expensive.
Discuss your attorney’s hourly rate as well as the amount of time they estimate your case might require during your initial consultation. The family law lawyers at Fernandez & Karney won’t charge hidden fees or surprise you with extra charges.
When Should I Contact An Attorney?
While it may be possible to complete an uncontested divorce without an attorney when spouses agree on every issue, if you have complex matters of asset division, or the custody of your children is at stake, you need a family lawyer with experience in navigating California family law. At Fernandez & Karney, we are more than just divorce lawyers in Pacific Palisades and the surrounding area. Contact us when legal matters arise, such as:
- Determining paternity for child custody/child support
- Drafting sensitive documents such as prenuptial agreements
- Identifying community property vs separate property
- Requesting modification of child support or spousal support orders
- Domestic violence situations
When you need attorneys to argue aggressively for your goals and come to mutually respected agreements, the lawyers at Fernandez & Karney are more than ready to commit to supporting your case. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.