Los Angeles Family Law Lawyer
As a Los Angeles family law lawyer, each of our team has a track record of successfully handling family cases. Let us put that experience to work for you.
Understanding Family Law Los Angeles
“Family law” covers legal matters falling under the jurisdiction of the family court. In California, this consists of proceedings for divorce, legal separation, domestic violence restraining orders, child custody, visitation, child support, and more.
Do You Need an Attorney for Family Law Los Angeles CA?
Whether you are going through a divorce or looking to resolve a child support dispute, a family law matter involves the two most fundamental areas of your life: family and finances. With so much on the line, you need an experienced LA family law attorney who puts your family first — you need Fernandez & Karney. With two convenient locations in Santa Monica and downtown Los Angeles, our team is ready to assist.
Learn more about hiring a family law attorney here from our top-rated legal team.
Hiring LA Family Law Attorneys
The American model for resolving legal disputes is an adversarial system entrenched in high conflict. This might protect the interests of business litigants in civil court, but it tends to disregard the consequences of contesting every issue in the family law setting. It motivates otherwise good people to focus more on “winning,” typically at the cost of everybody involved, leading to poor results and unproductive conflict.
With this in mind, how can you reach a satisfactory end to a family law case without falling victim to the risks of adversarial legal proceedings? There is no one answer to this, but one solution is having the right lawyer by your side. A skilled LA, California, family law lawyer can guide you through each step of your case, reaching settlements beyond court when possible and aggressively advocating for your best interests in court when necessary.
What Do Family Law Firms Los Angeles Do?
Many law firms concentrate on divorce cases and related legal issues, such as child custody, child support, complex property division, and prenuptial contracts. They might likewise provide services in adoptions, domestic violence, and other similar matters. While some focus their efforts in only one area of the family law realm, most accept cases in a wide range of practice areas. At the family law firm of Fernandez & Karney, our practice areas range from annulment to paternity and everything in between, and you can count on our breadth of knowledge to handle all of your needs.
The services a LA household legal representative supplies depends upon the law office, along with the requirements of the specific case and client, but common services include:
- Answering questions and providing legal guidance.
- Drafting prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
- Filing a divorce, separation, or annulment petition.
- Responding to another person’s divorce petition.
- Negotiating the terms of a divorce or separation.
- Offering alternative conflict resolution services (arbitration and mediation).
- Litigating a divorce trial.
- Representing a client throughout custody procedures.
- Attending domestic violence hearings.
The best family law firms in Los Angeles can handle every legal obstacle that comes your way. From analyzing an allegation against you to representing you throughout a difficult custody dispute, you can depend on your Fernandez & Karney family law attorneys to do what is necessary to serve your best interests.
How Our Downtown LA Family Lawyers Can Help
You do not need to go through a family law dispute alone. The law in California grants you the right to hire a lawyer to represent you throughout in- or out-of-court procedures, and your lawyer will serve as your advocate, your defender, and your confidant each step of the way.
It is especially pertinent to work with an attorney throughout a divorce or separation case if you learn that your former partner has hired one themselves. Otherwise, he or she might have an unfair advantage over you. Working with a lawyer of your own can level the playing field and enable you to protect your rights throughout your court proceedings.
An attorney can bring numerous crucial advantages to you as a client, including:
- Neutrality in family law matters.
- Concrete, personalized strategies to attain your case objectives.
- Numerous alternatives for settlements prior to going to trial.
- Aggressive negotiation techniques.
- Help with complex paperwork and legal processes.
- Access to advanced tools and resources.
- Experience with the family court system.
You may also benefit from working with an attorney if your case involves complex issues such as a child custody battle or high-value assets. Led by two certified family law specialists, Fernandez & Karney’s trusted LA family lawyers know how to navigate these matters to secure a better and brighter future for your family.
Why Choose Our Los Angeles Family Lawyers?
Divorce is often a long, messy, and painful process that impacts the couple, children, finances, and property when a marriage is dissolved. Our Los Angeles county family law lawyers can help you navigate all the decisions you must make for the court proceedings and as part of the negotiations during a divorce.
Many people (as many as one-third of couples) will experience the divorce process. No matter who you are, divorce has serious consequences, especially financially. If the husband was the breadwinner and the wife was a stay-at-home mom, she may find it difficult to find work. The father may be forced to pay a large amount in child support.
All issues related to money and the child custody case are determined through court proceedings, though the couple may be too wrapped up in their emotions to realize it. That is why it is important to hire LA family law attorneys to help with any paperwork, negotiate on your behalf, or do anything else necessary to protect your rights and interests during a divorce proceeding. It is also why you should not hire just anyone. Our family law practice is dedicated to guiding our clients through this challenging time and helping them make the right decisions.
Benefits of Hiring a Family Law Attorney
You should choose an experienced family law practice as a seasoned LA family attorney can achieve the best possible result for you. After all, you want someone who specializes in family law cases, especially divorce.
Here are just a few of the reasons why you should choose a LA, California, family law attorney:
- You will receive objective advice – Even if you were the party who filed, you may still be suffering from emotional turmoil because emotions are running high. Therefore, it is easy to wonder if you made a rash decision. Having a good attorney to help you pursue legal action and who can offer you objective advice is imperative.
- They will have access to the best in law – If the case is highly contended, the testimony of professionals like bankers, financial consultants, or mental health professionals can only help you and may even be necessary. An experienced attorney can find the right experts to elevate your case.
- They will have experience in the courtroom – The best thing a family law attorney from our firm can do is provide experience when litigating to offer you special support. A good, knowledgeable attorney will have spent most of their career in the courtroom arguing for their client during a divorce case. They will learn how others operate and what tactics they use. While most divorce cases never see the inside of a courtroom, the most contentious ones will need to be settled in court. At Fernandez & Karney, we are skilled negotiators and arbitrators, but we are also prepared to take any case to court if needed.
If you are facing a divorce, call our office for a free initial consultation and get back to moving forward with your life.
You Need the Best Family Law Attorney in Los Angeles
At Fernandez & Karney, your needs come first. Whether you are dealing with a complicated divorce, considering mediation, or attempting to resolve or prevent a heated child support battle, you have come to the right place. No matter what you’re going through, our compassionate family law attorneys in LA, California, can provide the premier legal assistance you need and deserve during this difficult situation.
As collaborative law specialists, we believe that outstanding representation includes not just ensuring favorable outcomes, but also lowering stress and anxiety for all involved throughout the legal process. To that end, we are dedicated to offering reliable legal services while working closely with our clients to minimize tension.
Contact the Best Family Law Attorney Today
When out-of-court settlement is possible — as it frequently is — we take on the role of skilled arbitrators, often achieving a favorable resolution without ever entering the courtroom. When settlement is unachievable or unfavorable, our experienced trial lawyers are ready to fight for your family.
If you’re facing a family law matter near Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, or Santa Monica, our lawyers are responsive, assertive, and ready to assist. We welcome you to take the first step forward for your family by scheduling a free consultation. Contact us today to get started.
Contact Us For Free Consultation
1 Certified Family Law Specialists
2 Over 50+ years of combined experience
3 Experienced with complex divorce and child custody cases