In this fast-paced world circumstances in your life or the life of your former spouse often change significantly after a divorce that one of you may seek a modification of your divorce judgment. There may be a number of reasons for changes in child custody. In unique scenarios, the division of property or debt may also need to be modified.
The dedicated and highly experience Los Angeles divorce attorneys at Fernandez & Karney offer comprehensive legal services related to the modification of family law orders.
Reasons for Modifications After Judgment
- Sudden accidents where a parent is disabled and no longer able to care for the children
- Job loss that involves a significant drop in income
- A move to another state involving changes in custodial arrangements
- A significant increase in income
- Post-Judgment discovery of an undisclosed asset or debt
- Any “change in circumstances” regarding child support,
- Spousal support or child custody or visitation.
Fernandez & Karney can assist you with the modification process, even if we did not represent you in your divorce proceeding. Additionally, it may sometimes be necessary to modify a final divorce judgment (appeal.)
In particular circumstances a person may request that the trial court modify the judgment of dissolution after it has been entered. Expeditious action is necessary and you need highly experienced attorneys who will advocate on your behalf to ensure that your rights and best interests are protected
For more information on our Judgment Modification issues, contact us for a no-charge consultation to discuss your concerns. When you retain Fernandez & Karney, you have a team of experienced divorce attorneys, forensic accountants, investigators, and highly skilled support staff resolving your case.