Why does the State Bar certify legal specialists?
• To help the public identify attorneys who have demonstrated proficiency in specialized fields of law;
• To encourage the maintenance and improvement of attorney competence in specialized fields of law.
Family law is complex and constantly changing –
a Certified Specialist stays current with the law.
What does it mean when an attorney is a Certified Specialist?
A Certified Specialist is more than just an attorney who specializes in a particular area of law. A California attorney who is certified by the State Bar as a Family Law specialist must have:
• Taken and passed a written examination in Family Law;
• Demonstrated a high level of experience in Family Law;
• Fulfilled ongoing education requirements;
• Been favorably evaluated by other attorneys and judges familiar with her or his work.
What can a Certified Family Law specialist do for you?
• Make certain marital settlement agreements and pre- or post-nuptial agreements are properly prepared;
• Identify tax issues which may affect the distribution of marital property and the payment of child, spousal or family support;
• Help you effectively deal with complex legal issues involving community property laws;
• Negotiate or mediate the difficult and emotional issues relating to legal separation, dissolution of marriage and child custody;
• Protect clients who need restraining orders for domestic violence;
• Handle matters relating to modification of child custody, spousal support or child support;
• Offer a collaborative process enabling clients to resolve their issues without court intervention.
What you do NOW affects your future.
Hire a Family Law Specialist in Los Angeles today!